Very large trucks pose a unique danger to other drivers on the road. Often, these vehicles will weigh more than 80,000 pounds and as a result, they have the potential to inflict catastrophic damage in the event of a truck accident. In many cases, truck accident injuries are very serious, even life threatening. You need an experienced truck accident lawyer to represent you.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
There are many potential causes of truck accidents. Some of the most common include:
- Inadequate truck driver training
- Unrealistic schedules that force truck drivers to remain on the road longer than the hours of service limitations mandated by law
- Truck driver fatigue
- Improperly maintained trucks
- Overloaded trucks
- Unbalanced truck loads
- Adverse weather conditions
- Aggressive or reckless driving by truck driver
- Hours of service violations
A Complex Area of Law
Truck accidents are not like typical motor vehicle accidents. There are many federal and state trucking regulations that apply to these cases. Your truck accident lawyer must have a strong understanding of these laws in order to help ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
There are also multiple parties that may be held liable for your truck accident injuries, including:
- Truck driver
- Trucking company
- Truck manufacturer
- The driver of another vehicle that was responsible for the truck accident
Your truck accident lawyer must be able to evaluate the evidence in order to determine which parties are responsible for your damages. In some cases, more than one party may have been at fault, making your case even more complex.
Please contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation.